ASUS sent us their latest ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WiFi) motherboard, and it certainly comes well equipped. It’s still a high-end motherboard, I mean, all X570 are pretty swanky in their own rights at the moment. However, it’s still ticking all the right boxes for high-end PC gaming and beyond. It’ll support the flagship Ryzen 9 CPUs, has some powerful overclocking abilities thanks to its 12+2 VRM and 6-layer PCB, as well as TUF components.
It’s not lacking on connectivity either. The TUF Gaming features PCIe 4.0 and Gen 4 M.2 mounts for ultra-fast storage. There’s also Realtek Gigabit Ethernet backed up by the latest WiFi 6! Of course, you get plenty of heatsinks, cooling, RGB, and the TUF Gaming Alliance means full support for any other TUF Gaming Alliance products toSo while it’s not the most “high-end” ASUS have to offer, it’s still ticking a lot of premium features that I’m sure will have broad appeal.
- AMD AM4 Socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ processors
- Enhanced Power Solution: 12+2 Dr. MOS power stages, 6-layer PCB, ProCool sockets, military-grade TUF components, and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active chipset heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4
- Next-Gen Connectivity: Dual PCIe 4.0 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, exclusive Realtek® L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, TUF LANGuard and TurboLAN technology
- Realtek S1200A Codec: Pristine audio quality with unprecedented 108dB signal-to-noise ratio for stereo line-out and 103dB SNR for line-in
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronize LED lighting with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including addressable RGB strips
- TUF Gaming Alliance: ASUS hardware ecosystem ensures the best compatibility and complementary aesthetics from components to case
Please keep in mind that Ryzen X570 motherboards only support Ryzen 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen CPUs. Despite being AM4 sockets, they do not currently work with Ryzen 1st Gen processors. Furthermore, for those wanting to use the full PCIe 4.0 functionality, you’ll also need to use the latest 3rd Gen CPUs.