When it comes to sick gaming laptops and a spectrum of PC hardware like Motherboards and GPUs, Asus is one of the big brands that comes to mind. However, Asus has been busy with expanding its horizons into other areas of the PC industry as well. The more powerful today’s GPUs become, the more likely it is that hardcore gamers will want to run the latest titles at higher resolutions and with newer technologies. With monitor manufacturers are stepping up to the plate lately, it’s no surprise that Asus manufactures displays that not only perform well but look good while doing so. But the Question is, Apart from their signature design aesthetics, what makes Asus’s monitors stand out from the rest? Before we go into that, let’s take a quick look at two of the newly released ROG monitors.
First up is the ROG Strix XG27VQ, which offers a curved 27-inch panel with a high 144Hz refresh rate. It is a Full HD (1,920 x 1,080) resolution monitor supporting Nvidia’s G-Sync protocol for avoiding in-game tearing. The company’s Aura Sync technology should make the display fit a gamer’s aesthetic by offering up RGB LEDs on the back of the display that is presumably in sync with other LED lighting.
Next is the ROG Swift PG27VQ, which utilizes a QHD+ resolution panel (2,560 x 1,440) that is also curved. It offers up an even higher refresh rate of 165Hz for faster gaming performance and it is based on quantum dot technology with high brightness that should support HDR. The PG27VQ also supports Nvidia G-Sync and incorporates Asus’ Aura Sync.
As you can see above, most of the points mentioned lean more towards performance. Apart from having compelling selling points towards the Gaming community, Asus has a host of features that promote healthy screens as well. Designed with your eyes in mind, these monitors help keep your eyes healthy in today’s digital world.
Before we dive into the features, let’s talk about what makes the competition bad for your eyes.
- Some monitors tend to Flicker constantly while trying to maintain the brightness of the display, in turn bombarding the human eye with a drastic change in brightness. These changes in light intensity can cause the pupil to expand and contract in rapid succession, thereby causing eye fatigue, strain, and headaches.
- It is a known fact that changes in sleep patterns can in turn shift the body’s natural clock, known as its circadian rhythm. Blue light from electronic displays is now one of the leading causes for the disruption of the circadian rhythm, leading to fatigue and sleep disorders. Blue light from monitors may also cause eye damage, strains, and headaches Children are more susceptible to eye damage because their crystalline lens is less effective in filtering out blue-light, adding to the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
- It is now a common site to see users hunched close to their displays in improper postures. Over time, improper posture could lead to numbness in your fingers, headaches, and lower back, shoulder, or neck pains. In addition, having your monitor set at a wrong height or viewing angle can strain your eyes as you’re required to focus more.
- It is also of high importance to choose the correct type of surface used for the display Panel. Smooth, glossy surfaces tend to reflect light back directly and cause unwanted reflections and glare. These aren’t only annoying and distracting, but can be the source of eye strain and fatigue.
Now let’s take a look at how Asus overcomes these problems in their line of Monitors.
- Asus monitors come with the company’s proprietary Flicker-Free Technology. By using Smart Dynamic Backlight Adjustment, Flicker is reduced to give users a comfortable viewing experience. By avoiding low brightness levels, Smart Dynamic Backlight Adjustment negates high-speed LED backlight flashing. Thus preventing eye fatigue, irritation and strains while you enjoy your games or binge watch TV shows.
- Asus Eye Care also features Ultra-low Blue Light Technology. Thanks to hard work of the Asus researchers, Asus monitors come with a Blue Light Filter that applies blue light reduction based on the task performed. Users can use the OSD to vary the Blue Light Filter.
- Asus monitors are ergonomically designed with your comfort in mind. The smart ergonomic designs feature full tilt, pivot, swivel, and height adjustments to ensure that you are getting the most ideal viewing angle.
- By incorporating rough matte surfaces, Asus A+ Anti-Glare panels dissipate reflected light. Thus making it easier for the user to view the screen in comfort and reduces eye fatigue. The panel cuts reflections and glare in environments with bright lightning, whether it’s Natural or artificial lighting.
- By having the above features as part of Asus Eye Care Technology, TÜV Rheinland, a professional certification organization and the world’s leading authority on display testing has certified 28 Asus monitors flicker free and ultra-low blue light.
Asus truly cares about its users Eyes. Asus is a true No 01 Gaming brand in Sri Lanka with their entire gaming gear portfolio starting from Mohterboards, Graphic Cards, Monitors, Keyboards, and Mouse etc…